Sous Chef Opportunity in Central Oxford
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join this 5* establishment based in central Oxford.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work alongside the Head Chef
- Support the Head Chef in overseeing all aspects of the kitchen
- Ensure consistency in delivering the Restaurant’s high standards
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in an efficient and timely manner
- Have the ability to lead, inspire and motivate people
- Have excellent interpersonal communication, coaching and teamwork
- Have a high-level written English, strong IT literacy
- Have previous management experience in a similar role
- Have a knowledge of current Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Food Hygiene and Allergens legislation
We offer a sensible shift pattern, across a 45-hour working week (Monday to Sunday rota with two days off) with a salary up to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus non-contractual service charge (tronc).
Sous Chef benefits:
- Meals on duty
- 50% discount on food within our restaurants
- Complimentary ‘Manager’s meal’ within one of our restaurants every six months
- Up to £700 recruitment incentive
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities to develop within the Company
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum
- A paid day off on your birthday
- Team awards and prizes
- Hospitality Rewards: offering discounted gym membership, high-street and online shopping discounts, discounted vouchers, and a cashback card
Interviews and a working trial will take place in Oxford as part of the recruitment process.
If you are a sous chef with experience in a high-end fresh food kitchen, please apply today!